The concept of computer forensics, while fundamentally simple, can involve many advanced processes and technologies. It is the examination of a computer, usually the computer’s hard drive, with the goal being to find evidence that can withstand court scrutiny. The evidence can be anything from indications that a file was deleted or that a malicious e-mail was created on a particular computer.
Southeast Legal Investigations and Detection has proven expertise across the full spectrum of computer forensics examination of our client’s computers.
Our clients include but are not limited to:
- Parents concerned about their children’s activity on the internet
- Spouses or significant others concerned about fidelity in the relationship
- Attorneys who are investigating criminal and civil litigation
- Small businesses and corporate clients who wish to monitor employee’s internet activity
You can expect and demand total professionalism and discretion from our team. When necessary, the computer hard drive will be forensically acquired so that the original data material remains intact and unchanged. A complete chain-of-custody will be maintained to ensure any evidence can be used in a lawful manner should litigation take place.
Our techniques can find hidden files or folders, uncover deleted folders or files, provide proof of file modifications, show internet surfing activities, document file downloads or uploads, and reveal entire documents or portions of documents. We can support your needs for evidence of corporate spying, inappropriate web activities, unwanted e-mail, and/or file changes to cover traces of a particular activity.
1. Forensics Analysis of Computers and Data to Support Civil and Criminal Investigations
2. Forensic Acquisition of Computer Data
3. Employee Activity Monitoring
4. Expert Witness Testimony when required